Kia ora whānau,
We hope you enjoyed the Matariki celebration as much as we did. Thank you to those who were able to come along. These celebrations are always a great chance to meet other families attending Grow ECE. We welcome your feedback and would love to hear what you might like to see next year.
Please ensure that you do take extra care in the carpark area when dropping children off and collecting them. Please drive in and out slowly. As you exit the building hold on to your child/ren’s hands. Please do not park on the footpath / yellow lines outside the little gate on Ashley Place by the centre. This is a very busy road and it is for the safety of yourself and your children that you drive into Ashley Place and use the Grow ECE carpark. Just a reminder that it is a condition of enrolment that children driven to and from the centre must travel in an approved child’s car seat or restraint in accordance with Traffic Regulations.
On Thursday 12th July we farewell Ashleigh who will be leaving us. Ashleigh has been working in the Hikurangi room, we wish her all the very best for her new adventure. We welcome Acushla who will be starting on Monday 23rd July as Team Leader in the Mangatawa room.
Lost property is on display for two weeks and then we take it to a charity organization. Most of it is unnamed and we would appreciate it if families could name clothing.
Contacting the Centre
If you need to contact the centre please ring the landline between 8.30am -3.30pm - 07 9297718. Or you can always text a message through on 027-4821338. We do not mind how many times you call us. We would rather you feel at ease and comfortable.
On July 19th and 20th the Education Review Office will be visiting Grow. We look forward to offering you an opportunity to speak with reviewers and will send out details closer to the time. This link will take you to a letter for parents.
Give a Little
We have a family in our Grow community that needs our support, if you'd like to help please click on the following link.
Grow is filling up fast with new enrolments coming through the door daily. We are meeting so many new people and are excited to have more children with their whānau coming to Grow ECE. Now that we have more enrolments there are less spaces available. This means when Grow ECE is at full capacity we may not be able to accommodate casual bookings so easily or change your current booked hours. All permanent changes to hours will need two weeks’ notice to take effect. If you are thinking of extending your child’s current attended hours or booking in for an extra day, please see Rachel or Anita in the office as soon as possible as you may want to get in quick!
Your Whānau Culture
We have a diverse community attending Grow ECE and wondered what you celebrate in your culture? We have embraced the opportunity to celebrate Easter and to celebrate birthdays and Christmas. We would like to learn more about what is important to your family and how we can incorporate this in the learning programme here at Grow. Please call in and see Robyn or Tanya if you would like to introduce a little of your culture to us.
Just a reminder that the school holidays are Monday 9th – Friday 20th July. Please let Rachel in the office know if your child/ren will be absent over this time.
- Please remember to name all clothing, shoes, bags, lunch boxes and drink bottles.
- When signing your child/ren in and out please ensure you are signing your full signature in the space provided. The sign in and out on ipad is in the order of arrival of children in the morning and similarly when you depart in the afternoon. Please check you are signing in and out correctly.
- All teachers have asked that your child/ren do not bring any toys from home to the centre, this is causing problems amongst children.
The Local Community
See below what is happening in and around the local community.
- Yummy Tucker (next to Grow ECE) is now open on Friday nights for Fish and Chips – 5pm – 8pm, call 262 2200 to place an order.
- Papamoa Hills Night Walk – Friday 29th June – 6.00pm – Papamoa Hills Regional Park.
- Smokefree Rockquest Bay of Plenty Final – Saturday 30th June – 7.00pm – Totara Street, Mt Maunganui.
- Family Movie Night – Friday 6th July – 6.00pm – Ohauiti Settlers Hall,
- The Little Big Markets – Saturday 7th July – 9.00am – Coronation Park, Mt Maunganui.
- Holiday Public Skating Session – Monday 9th July – 1.00pm – Queen Elizabeth Youth Centre.
- Animates Tauranga – School Holiday Activities– Thursday 12th July – 11.00am – Animates Tauranga.
- Tauranga Coffee Festival – Saturday 28th July – 10.00am – Our Place – 91 Willow Street, Tauranga.
Our Daily Programme
Just a reminder that we use Storypark which is an e-portfolio of what your child is doing during the day. Storypark allows teachers to send you updates, photos and videos while they work with your child. Make sure you check Storypark for new learning stories, posts about your child and centre announcements. We also love hearing back from you in the comments section as this is how you can tell teachers about what your child is doing at home.