Kia ora whānau,
How did November slip by so quickly? The team at Grow had a wonderful staff Christmas event recently. We went off in teams to complete a treasure hunt and it was truly a day for laughter, some competition but most of all taking time out to celebrate and relax after a busy year. If you follow us on Facebook, you’ll be able to see some of the photos. https://www.facebook.com/growece/?ref=bookmarks
This month we had Sabina come in and offer music sessions to the children. The children have thoroughly enjoyed this, and we are now planning on having Sabina come into Grow on a regular basis. If you know of anyone that has a skill or hobby that might interest young children, please let us know. Having visitors to Grow is an important part of the curriculum and extends children’s learning.
We have been receiving some lovely compliments from whānau about the welcome process in the rooms in the mornings. It is uplifting and very encouraging. Thank you for that.
As the old adage goes, it will soon be Christmas ….. further on in the newsletter you will find information on the children’s Christmas party at Grow. We look forward to seeing you all there.
Contacting the Centre
If you need to contact the centre please ring the landline between 8.30am - 3.30pm.
PH: 07 9297718 or TEXT: 027-4821338
We do not mind how many times you call us; your peace of mind is very important to us.
This month we welcomed Jodi Shanks to the teaching team in Mangatawa. Jodi has connections with our directors as she was their daughter’s teacher at childcare some years ago. We are delighted to have Jodi join the team.
We are always amazed at the connections that we have at Grow. Did you know that many years ago Anita was Andrea’s teacher when she was six years old? A child at Grow saw the photo in the office of teacher Anita and pupil Andrea, and she said, “Now that’s really funny!”
Thank you to all whānau who returned the survey. This information helps us to consider what you the families would like to see at Grow.
Your Whānau Culture
We have a diverse community attending Grow ECE and wondered what you celebrate in your culture? We have embraced the opportunity to celebrate Easter and to celebrate birthdays and Christmas. We would like to learn more about what is important to your family and how we can incorporate this in the learning programme here at Grow. Please call in and see Robyn or Tanya if you would like to introduce a little of your culture to us.
• Hats will need to be worn now outside until the end of April. Please ensure your child comes to Grow with a named hat.
• Please ensure your child has sunblock on before they come to Grow. If you forget you can apply some here. As a rule, teachers will only be applying sunblock once a day. If your child starts early in the morning, then they will get two applications and if your child requires their own sunblock it will need to be given to the teacher and be clearly named.
• Please make sure you child has more than one change of clothes, all named in their bag. Now it is warmer a lot of water play is happening, and your child may go through a few changes during the day.
• Your child is more than welcome to bring a rash top / swimwear for the water play outside also.
Christmas Party at Grow
WHEN: Thursday 13 December
WHERE: At Grow
TIME: 5pm – 6.30pm
WHAT TO BRING:
• A $5 present with your child’s name on it. Please bring this present to the Grow Office before the 13th Dec.
• If you have younger children not at Grow (pre-schoolers), you can include a present for them.
• A non-perishable item for hampers. We will make up hampers for a lucky draw and give one to a charity.
• A plate of food to share with everyone.
• Hats, drinks (no alcohol), a blanket to sit on, and an umbrella if it is really hot.
We look forward to seeing as many families as possible and were delighted last year with the turn out. Coming together as a community gives us opportunities to get to know everyone better.
The Local Community
Yummy Tucker (next to Grow ECE) is now open on Friday nights for Fish and Chips – 5pm – 8pm. Call 262 2200 to place an order
Picnic in the Park – Monday 3rd December –9am – 2pm – Coronation Park, Mt Maunganui.
Dinner in the Domain – Thursday 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th December – 5.30pm – 8.30pm – Papamoa Domain.
Tauranga Christmas in the Park – Saturday 8th December – 10am – 4pm – Our Place Tauranga.
Christmas Carols on the Waterfront – Sunday 9th December – 5.30pm – 7pm – Downtown Tauranga.
The Little Big Markets Papamoa – Saturday 15th December – 9am – 2pm – Papamoa Pony Club.
Christmas Carnival – Sunday 16th December – 3.30pm – 6pm – Papamoa Plaza.
Christmas Night Market – Friday 21st December – 6.30pm – 9pm – Bethlehem Hall.